Book Donations Welcome
NOTE: Due to construction, donations are now being accepted at the front desk only. We will accept 1 box for library donations or 2 boxes for The Friends of the Library’s book sale. We do not accept encyclopedias, text books, or Readers Digest Collections. Thank you for your continued support. (Oct 15, 2019)
The library will gladly accept book donations to possibly add to our collection or to supplement our ongoing “Book Nook” sale tables. Listed below are a few guidelines to help you help us.
- Recent best sellers
- Clean copies of “classic” titles
- Current magazines
- Audiovisual materials (videos, DVDs, CDs, tapes)
- Children’s books
Items NOT Needed (and not saleable)
- Books in poor condition (yellowed or torn pages, broken bindings, musty)
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias and other dated information
- Bring donations to the library’s back door and ring the door bell. If no one is available to open the door, please bring your donations to the circulation desk
- Place donations in boxes or bags; a maximum of 2 boxes
- If you need assistance carrying your donations, please call ahead to make an appointment, 518-458-9274
If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, we provide signed, dated acknowledgement letters for the items, but cannot assess their value.